Main Duties/Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators:
The Analyst will be primarily responsible for assisting the M&A Team in coordinating the operational and logistics functions of the Ethos M&A underwriting team and for assisting M&A Underwriters and Senior Underwriters in coordinating the underwriting process and assisting in providing insurance solutions. Among other things, the Analyst will:
- Manage broker communications, including responding to document requests and corresponding on deal-related issues
- Help drive improvement in underwriter response rates and improve efficiency of deal metrics by collecting and analyzing data related to submissions, bound deals, and policies, and developing processes to create improvements
- Draft invoices, expense agreements, non-binding indication letters and other documents, as requested by underwriters
- Monitor underwriter files related to bound deals and upkeep of internal team files
- Coordinate underwriting conference calls and coordinate email correspondence related to fast-paced
- Review underwriting submissions and files and summarize key points for review and discussion with underwriters on the team
- Aid in the diligence process by reviewing and highlighting key issues and risks
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a large team.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, including working under short timelines, and occasionally during off hours.
- Self-motivated and focused.
- Ability to work independently.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Nuance.
- Estimated Travel Percentage (%):<5%
- Location(s):NY-New York
- Employment Type:Full Time – Permanent
- Education Preferred:Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree.