To provide support in the adjustment, management and administration of Ascot’s claims.
P&C Claims Manager
- Handle complex claims as defined in the Ascot Claims Guidelines within authority.
- Deal with referrals from XCS on claims within authority.
- Liaise with underwriters and update them on claim developments and assist in the preparation and delivery of the monthly class of business claims report.
- Liaise with the outwards reinsurance team so that they are aware of developments on significant claims which may impact our reinsurances.
- Build and maintain Ascot’s profile with claim brokers and key external experts.
- Preparing and/or reviewing initial set up of claim entries and keeping up to date the Claims Management system entries for complex claims.
- Diary management of complex claims.
- Loading documents on to the IMR or the Compass Claims System.
- Liaison with XCS and other insurers regarding complex claim CLASS entries.
- Reviewing daily SCM and highlighting those claims which need further review.
- Liaising with underwriters, brokers and loss adjusters to update reserves and obtain reports.
- Support on major losses (including attending claims meetings) and liaising with XCS and other underwriters.
- Assist in the preparation of regular claims reports – ownership of significant claims reports used to inform senior management and underwriters of large loss developments.
- Liaising with the RI team to provide loss information to reinsurers.
- Assist with ad hoc claims projects to improve Ascot’s claims management.
- Support in catastrophe management in preparing reports and investigating exposure on accounts deemed to be impacted.
- Assist with expert management – including liaising with experts to ensure Terms of Engagement are up to date and that contact details are current.
- Provide assistance to the claims team in the preparation and analysis of MI.
- Assist the Director of Claims in monitoring the performance of the claims management outsource service provider.
- Prepare non-bureau settlement requests/recommendations as necessary.