We are looking for a Claims Associate to join our Claims Department. The Claims Associate focuses on processing and reporting claims and supports multiple business units and products for Ascot’s two U.S. insurance companies and Ethos, an MGA. The ideal candidate should be a creative problem-solver with a skill for navigating systems and an eye for detail and accuracy.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Handle initial reporting of claims, including reviewing and evaluating loss notices and claims-related documents, and entering of claims information into policy administration software platform.
- Communicate with multiple parties in the distribution chain, including retail and wholesale brokers, third-party claims administrators, MGAs, and domestic and international insurance companies, in addition to internal claims team.
- Support multiple lines of business and insurance products including Ocean Marine, Inland Marine, Property, General Liability, Lawyers’ Professional Liability, Excess Casualty, Trade Credit, Representations & Warranties, and Environmental throughout the claim life cycle.
- Review claim and policy information and maintain comprehensive claims files.
- Compile ad hoc claims reports.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study.
- 1-3 years’ of relevant experience, including some exposure to the insurance claims process, ideally in P&C insurance.
- The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to effectively prioritize projects and assignments for multiple internal clients.
- Ascot is looking to hire a self-starter who is capable of working independently in a team-oriented and collaborative environment. Must have the initiative and desire to contribute to multiple projects, some of which may fall outside the scope of a similar role at a larger company.
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.