Ascot is seeking an experienced underwriter to help launch and grow a suite of Cyber and Professional Liability products. The role will report in to the Executive Vice President of Cyber and Professional Liability and be based out of our Chicago office.
- Assist in the buildout of a Cyber and Commercial E&O underwriting platform.
- Develop, maintain, and improve upon underwriting guidelines, rating, and authorities for Cyber and Commercial E&O insurance products.
- Use of internally generated data and third party data to improve the productivity of the Group and the broker experience.
- Manage the underwriting production, integrity, and profitability of a range of Cyber and Commercial E&O insurance products.
- Work closely with the Claims team to ensure that the products are performing as designed and that we have a ground up view of the loss scenarios and take appropriate remediation action as needed.
- Develop and maintain broker and client relationships throughout the United States and Canada.
- Interact with the Actuarial team.
- Interact with the Compliance department for all products to ensure business is operating in accordance with all corporate guidelines and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Cyber and Professional Liability.
- Product development experience is a plus.
- Established broker relationships in the area of Cyber and Professional Liability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong collaborative skills in a fast-paced team-centric environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.