To support the Enterprise Risk Management team in providing technical support to the broader objectives of the Actuarial and Risk Functions across the Ascot Group. The role will primarily focus on providing support to the risk management and capital modelling teams across the Syndicate, Bermuda and US entities.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support in risk oversight activities including risk review meetings, maintenance of risk register including heat maps and control effectiveness ratings, risk incident log, adherence to Lloyd’s minimum standards and governance assurance work.
- Identifying issues or potential issues and working with risk area to deliver solutions.
- Monitoring of emerging risks and provide analysis to the senior team.
- Support in the production of quarterly and annual ORSA reporting.
- Preparation of risk appetite metrics, measures, key control indicators, key risk indicators, etc.
- Involvement in the wider maintenance and improvements of company-wide policies and risk appetite statements across the Ascot Group and sub entities.
- Involvement in the internal model validation process, including the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative validation testing.
- Operation of the internal model and ESG to perform quantitative validation testing for sensitivity, scenario and stress testing, back testing and reverse stress testing.
- Support in preparation of validation documentation and reporting of testing outcomes.
- Provide support in the production of regulatory reporting across Ascot Group including SCR calculation, internal model validation, PRA return, standard formula and BCAR.
- Contribution to model development work to ensure that the internal model remains accurate and compliant with the tests and standards of Solvency II.
- Following the established governance processes of the internal model, including application of model validation and model change policy.
- Production runs of the model for projects and use cases, as required by the business.
- Involvement in the annual parameterisation of the internal model across all risk areas.
- Operation of the economic scenario generator to support internal model parameterisation.
- Assist in the production and update of technical procedure documents relating the internal model and its processes.
- Involvement in wider technical actuarial activities including reserving and pricing support as necessary.
- Provide actuarial support for other Ascot offices, including Ascot Re and Ascot US.
- Attendance at relevant industry workshops and training for example annual ReMetrica conference.
- Excellent exam record.
- Actuarial and/or risk experience within the Lloyd’s Market.
- Strong data processing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.