JOB TITLE: Assistant Vice President and Actuary
This position provides an exciting hands-on opportunity to build the actuarial capabilities for the new U.S. operations of a global commercial lines insurer/reinsurer from the ground up. Located in New York City, the position reports to the U.S. Chief Actuary and will be responsible for all pricing related actuarial functions.
- Work closely with Underwriting to develop rating algorithms and provide oversight to Ops team in programming rating engines.
- Work with Operations team to source and evaluate relevant third-party data and incorporate into risk selection and/ r predictive pricing models
- Develop business profitability dashboards for management, including tracking of rate adequacy over time.
- Manage the actuarial portion of state rate filings for U.S. admitted business • Provide U.S. legal entity RBC calculations
- Support reinsurance reporting on outwards reinsurance treaties
- ACAS and 5+ years of insurance company experience preferably at a U.S. primary insurer, including commercial lines pricing
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with predictive modeling using software such as R or SAS and loss modeling using software such as @Risk
- Effective in communicating technical results and concepts to a non-technical audience.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV in PDF format: