Seeking an experienced underwriter to help launch and grow a suite of Financial Institutions Management and Professional Liability products. The role will report in to the Executive Vice President of Management Liability and Financial Institutions and be based out of our New York City office.
- Assist in the buildout of a Financial Institutions underwriting platform.
- Develop, maintain, and improve upon underwriting guidelines, rating, and authorities for financial institutions insurance products.
- Use of internally generated data and third party data to improve the productivity of the Group and the broker experience.
- Manage the underwriting production, integrity, and profitability of a range of financial institutions insurance products.
- Work closely with the Claims team to ensure that the products are performing as designed and that we have a ground up view of the loss scenarios and take appropriate remediation action as needed.
- Develop and maintain broker and client relationships throughout the United States and Canada.
- Interact with the Actuarial team.
- Interact with the Compliance department for all products to ensure business is operating in accordance with all corporate guidelines and procedures.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Financial Institutions Management and Professional Liability.
- Solid understanding of insurance exposures for asset managers, banks, insurance companies, and REITs.
- Product development experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (STEM or finance background is a plus).
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.