The Global Compensation Manager focuses on the design, implementation, administration and delivery of Ascot Group’s Global Compensation Programs. The individual will be primarily responsible for conducting analyses on internal and external pay statistics to assist in further build-out of long-term (LTIP) and short-term (STIP) cash and equity incentive programs, internal banding, and benchmarking capabilities globally. This position is also responsible for safeguarding through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Maintain the global market survey database and conduct ongoing analyses to evaluate external competitiveness and internal equity of employee compensation levels.
- Review the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures and recommend program changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and Ascot objectives.
- Development of a group wide remuneration policy.
- Preparation of quarterly and year end reports for the Remuneration Committee that include benchmarking data.
Budgeting & Planning
- Working with the HR team, liaise with the FP&A team and business leaders to create the projection of Global headcount costs annually.
- Maintenance of the employee banding system.
Long Term Incentive Plan (LTIP)
- Use data modeling and share usage scenarios to determine LTIP award mix.
- Experience with modeling performance based Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) and Stock Options.
Short Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Prepare annual bonus plan design proposal via cost and headcount modeling, as well as analyses of bonus plan alignment against Ascot business strategy, team function, and team objectives.
- Perform calculations for annual bonuses, incentive programs and ad hoc data requests.
- Monitor Ascot’s STIP ongoing performance and risk of implemented Incentive Compensation Plans and assess design effectiveness and potential emerging risks through coordination with Executive Team.
Annual Compensation Reviews
- Project Manage and partner with HR and the Executive Team on year-end compensation reviews.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of compensation design and administration experience.
- Insurance or Financial Services background strongly preferred.
- Experience within a global HR function, ideally in the United States, United Kingdom, and Bermuda.
- Knowledge of Oracle HRIS system preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of accuracy in a rapidly changing business environment in both individual and team environments.
- Ability to process sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint). VBA knowledge is a plus.