The IT Project Manager will be required to own a portfolio of IT projects and deliver to agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
The PM will define the scope, propose budget requirements, write the business case and agree timelines and resource needs in order to gain project approval. Subsequently, the PM will manage all phases of a project through to completion.
The PM is responsible for highlighting and managing risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle, working with the project team to drive resolution and mitigation.
Also responsible for the delivery of IT work streams defined within Business Change projects.
As we are in a period of significant change and growth within Ascot, the IT PM will play a key role in defining and planning strategic roadmaps and contributing to the implementation of best practice within the IT Department.
Lines of Responsibility:
Reports to: Head of IT
- Minimum of 5 years’ Project Management experience and 10 years within IT.
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework and a clear understanding of IT Service Management principles
- Strong understanding of the technical challenges faced by a global business
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and familiarity with project management systems, including MS Project.
- Flexible interpersonal skills required to build effective relationships with colleagues within the team and across our business as a whole.
- Project management qualification
- Insurance experience is preferred, though not mandatory.
- Excellent Project Management skills. A delivery focussed individual who just knows how to get the job done.
- Ability to juggle a busy portfolio of various projects but stay on track
- Workload management and ability to prioritise is key.
- Strong Relationship Management skills.
- Confident, engaging and passionate.
- Strong written/verbal/oral communication
- Ability to engage effectively with different personality types.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Negotiator and influencer.
- Strategic thinker and planner.
- Passionate about IT
- Team player.
- Critical Thinker and problem solver.
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to resolve conflicts/deadlocks
- Understanding of best practice within an IT operation
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Customer focussed and service orientated
- ITIL qualified to foundation level
- Flexibility and adaptability – able to grow with an organisation