Job Purpose: The IT Service Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner as well as carrying out routine daily, weekly and monthly checks.
Ascot plan to deliver various improvements to their ITSM capability over the coming months and this person would be expected to contribute to those improvements, and play a key role in the on boarding on the ITIL standards.
This person should have a can do attitude and be willing to step out their comfort zone when required.
Lines of Responsibility:
Reports to: IT Support Manager
Responsible for all 1st line activities across Infrastructure and Development whilst working on the IT Service Improvement plan in parallel and supporting the adoption of the ITIL framework across the IT Department.
- 1st and 2nd line call handling
- Password resets/unlocks
- Access Requests
- Software Installs
- Toner Replacements
- Desktop builds
- Floor walking
- Daily Check
- Lloyd’s visits
- 3rd party call logging
- Invoice Administration
- Communications with the business
- Contributor to ongoing Service Improvement Plan
- Extensive 1st Line support experience in an ITIL environment
- Insurance experience preferable
- Able to contribute to the design and implementation of new ITSM processes
- Experience of working with ITSM Tools (such as ServiceNow) to deliver support services
- Customer focused and service orientated
- ITIL qualified to foundation level
- Passionate about ITSM
- Flexibility and adaptability – able to grow with an organisation
- Understanding of key infrastructure and development best practices