About the Role:
The Lead Technical Assistant is the main point of contact for our Ocean Marine Line of Business and products underneath, supervising a team of Technical Assistants to ensure all service level agreements are met and all processing work is done accurately and efficiently. This dynamic role provides support to underwriters and brokers throughout the policy lifecycle while handling ad-hoc request from underwriting teams. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth understanding the insurance industry, Marine LOB and supervisor experience or the willingness and desire to learn such skills. The candidate will be splitting time between our Manhattan and Melville, NY office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise team of Technical Assistants (TAs).
- Ensure all work is processed according to Service Level Agreements.
- QA work performed by TAs
- Liaise, manage and train offshore shared service members
- Communicate daily with outsource team on quality of work and exceptions.
- Day-to-day processing tasks include, but are not limited to: clearance, binders, invoices, policies, endorsements, cancellations, renewals, non-renewals and reinstatements.
- Communicate effectively with underwriters and brokers to secure the information necessary to accurately process the business.
- Create best practices and training materials.
- Train team members and new hires on processes.
- QA policies to ensure accuracy.
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused eye for detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Understanding of SQL a bonus, but not required.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in Ocean Marine LOB
- Preferred 10, but minimum 5 years of experience in the insurance vertical
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.