The Legal and Regulatory Compliance Analyst will assist the Legal and Regulatory Compliance team in multiple ways. This person will be responsible for filing and reporting commercial lines insurance data and information to a variety of internal and external clients; they will analyze various types of contracts, including, but not limited to, NDAs, commercial leases, and HR and service level agreements; they will assist with corporate secretary tasks; and they will perform related legal and regulatory compliance duties as assigned.
Communication skills and attention to detail are key to the success of this position. The Legal and Regulatory Compliance Analyst will organize data and be responsible for meeting various requirements on strict deadlines and will be expected to compose regular reports to management on various issues. The successful candidate in this position will be able to work independently, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and manage time effectively.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Complete and submit required data reporting.
- Maintain reporting schedules and files.
- Define data reporting requirements for automation of recurring reporting.
- Assist in balancing data reports to the Annual Statement, Insurance Expense Exhibit, and General Ledger and correct reporting errors as required.
- Collaborate with Underwriting to define internal data needs for partner programs.
- Analyze and revise commercial contracts on an expedited basis.
- Assist with Entity and Individual Licensing as required.
- Assist with general projects as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ideal candidate has 1-3 years’ experience in Property and Casualty Commercial Lines Insurance and experience reviewing standard commercial contracts, ideally with experience in compliance, legal, underwriting, rating, accounting, business analysis, or data reporting.
- Proven experience working with Excel and developing and maintaining various analyses and reporting tools, and advanced skills in other Microsoft Office applications, Adobe, as well as additional data systems.
- BA degree in business, paralegal studies, or related field preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to schedule work and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Confident in communicating with outside parties, including regulatory reporting agencies, verbally and in writing.