Summary of Role:
Assisting the finance team with expense management, production of management and statutory accounts, as well as completion of various external returns.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Assisting in completion of the monthly and quarterly close;
- Assisting Corporate Controller with production of monthly GAAP files, providing schedules and variance analysis as required.
- Assisting Corporate Controller with intercompany analysis and settlement requests.
- Assisting Corporate Controller with production of year-end financial statements, liaising with auditors as required.
- Produce accruals and prepayment schedules for UK entities and posting of monthly journals.
- Ownership of the UK fixed asset register, production of monthly schedules, journal posting and depreciation process.
- Production of monthly expense reports and schedules for management packs, as well as assisting FP&A team with variance analysis to be shared with wider business.
- Assist with ensuring process and control documentation is kept up-to-date and relevant.
- Reconciliation of various control accounts, posting associated journals and investigating issues when they arise.
- Assist Corporate Controller with quarterly solvency returns to Lloyd’s for managing agent.
- Assist Treasury Manager with quarterly VAT returns.
- Production of National Statistics returns.
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects as and when they become required.
Candidate to be a part/qualified accountant with reporting experience in the insurance market preferred, although not essential. He/ She needs to possess excellent technical accounting and analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of Excel, and have a keen eye for detail. The candidate needs to be extremely organised and have excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently, but also as part of a wider team.