The Project Management Office Lead must have experience in the Insurance industry; delivering small and large scale projects across multiple teams located across various offices (domestic & international). Organization and program management skills are critical to this role, as well as planning, leading, managing and motivating various project teams (internal and external) to achieve the business goals on time and on budget.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Build, lead and manage the Business Change Management team, with a focus on developing core competencies and cultivating a culture of ‘continuous improvement’;
- Help govern and prioritize the portfolio of projects.
- Set expectations for the Operations committee by managing & reporting on the portfolio.
- Project / Program manage change initiatives as and when necessary.
- Lead the design – and the operation / management of – change management / project governance framework in US (e.g. project prioritization process, progress and budget reporting across the portfolio, scope change).
- Ensure that all change activity is delivered in line with the agreed scope, budget and plans.
- Ensure that the framework encompasses industry recognized tools, templates and disciplines that are implemented in a way that is appropriate and scalable to the Ascot operating model.
- Establishing and implementing the mechanisms by which benefits can be delivered and measured.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement with peers and executive management to champion the benefits and value of change.
- Managing individual projects.
- Ability to manage the RFP process for service providers starting from creation to evaluation and selection.
- Liaise with internal service providers and vendors to ensure services are delivered to the standards required by the business.
- Support reporting and communication to executive management.
- Build close relationships with all levels of the organization to allow open flow of communication.
- Solicit feedback from stakeholders on additional opportunities and concerns to ensure successful implementation of the program.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent.
- At least 7 years’ experience in project management, implementation, and program delivery.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the commercial insurance industry required.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Demonstrated track record managing across the organization.
- Demonstrated accomplishments of managing through defined processes and metrics, and experience delivering business solutions on time and budget.
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Analytical, rigorous, with attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations as they develop.