Ascot is seeking a detail-oriented, analytical, and organized underwriter to join our Property Facultative Reinsurance Team. As an underwriter, your primary responsibility will be to evaluate the viability of individual risk submissions received from facultative brokers.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Understand Ascot’s risk appetite and underwrite property reinsurance in accordance with this risk appetite and within your designated underwriting authority.
- Work within a small team, striving to achieve our individual business plan as well as being mindful of the Company’s overall plan for return on capital.
- Liaise with internal teams, such as aggregate management, claims, compliance, and legal.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key brokers within the insurance market.
- Represent Ascot at appropriate market groups and committees.
- Maintain knowledge of general market conditions.
- Work closely with Assistants and accept overall responsibility for administration.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of underwriting experience in property (re)insurance.
- Ability to work well in the fast-paced environment of Facultative Reinsurance.
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and presentation or marketing skills.
- Ability to work well individually and work well in a team/collaborative environment.