We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and reliable individual to join our Property Facultative Reinsurance Team as an Underwriting Assistant. The primary responsibility of this role will be to assist the underwriting team. The ideal candidate will have strong Excel skills, the ability to efficiently manage tasks, and capability to work well independently and within a team environment
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Assist in the account clearance and set-up processes, effectively managing daily workflow.
- Accurately capture mandatory data within Ascot’s systems.
- Become proficient in running monthly statistical reports, ensuring quality of data.
- Support Underwriting Team as needed and as requested.
- Work within the prescribed corporate framework for: systems, guidelines, authorities, and controls.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Insurance industry knowledge a plus.
- An energetic, whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective problem-solver.
- Strong sense of urgency, is able to multitask, and is detail-oriented.