This position is a great opportunity to join a new and fast growing US company and assist in building reserving and ERM processes from the ground up. The Actuary will support reserving for all of Ascot’s products (Property, Specialty, and Professional Lines) and will assist in ERM processes. This position is located in New York City and reports to the Head of Reserving.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Apply actuarial techniques in reserve analyses and calculating IBNR.
- Produce quarterly and annual actuarial analyses and management reports.
- Assist in development of appropriate governance processes, including policies/procedures and liaising with third party actuaries, auditors, and regulators.
- Collaborate frequently and on an ongoing basis with Claims, Finance, and Underwriting teams to develop deep understanding of line of business trends and emerging claims.
- Assist in short term pricing projects to support the launch of Ascot products
- Liaise between IT, Actuarial, and other functional areas to improve data quality
Enterprise Risk Management:
- Collaborate with the Group ERM teams in London and Bermuda in implementing group-wide ERM policies and procedures, including the risk register.
Reinsurance & Capital Modeling:
- Assist in development of statistical loss models to help inform ceded reinsurance analysis, and internal capital modeling.
Planning and forecasting:
- Work closely with FP&A team in annual business planning and quarterly forecasts.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ exams, ACAS preferred, and actively pursuing Fellowship.
- 4+ years of relevant actuarial experience, preferably with commercial or professional lines reserving experience.
- Proficient in building tools in Excel.
- Experience using SQL, VBA, R, Python, and ReMetrica is a plus.
- High attention to detail and a strong ability/willingness to collaborate across the organization.