Ascot is looking for a SFDC Development Engineer to start an in-house SFDC support team for its insurance portals. This role will be joining a dynamic systems team working on new product functionality and customer requested enhancements to our software. The qualified person should have great communication skills and a passion for writing intelligent software using best practices.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Implement new software features and enhancements.
- Assist in the architectural design of applications for supported user departments.
- Work with a team of Salesforce programming and declarative experts, including partner Sis.
- Work closely with mid to senior level management and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Translate business requirements into technical/system requirements.
- Execute technical solutions to department quality standards.
- Perform unit and integration testing of code.
- Work directly with customers to gather requirements and translate into system functionality.
- Support existing functionality and address customer support needs.
- Provide support and maintain integration with other applications/systems like Policy Admin system, 3rd party data sources etc.
- Act as a Level 1 support for Broker and customer issues.
- Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers’.
- Work with various vendors in the SFDC eco-system to enhance existing product.
- Research and provide options for new & existing implementations.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of overall software development
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of Salesforce Development
- Extensive experience with Salesforce.com development tools and techniques including: APEX, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, outbound messaging and creating Visual Force Pages is required
- Experience in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Communities
- Lightning experience required (1+ year)
- Salesforce Developer certification(s) preferred
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Analytical, rigorous, with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations as they develop