Ascot US is a growing commercial P&C insurance company, and recently announced the acquisition (pending regulatory approval) of two regulated insurance companies and are seeking an accomplished Senior Accountant with Statutory Accounting experience.
This position will be focused on the quarterly and annual statutory financials. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and filing statements in accordance with both US Statutory and US GAAP, as well as performing US GAAP to STAT reconciliation. The candidate will also assist in Parent Company reporting under US GAAP.
The successful candidate will have a financial reporting background in Statutory Accounting preparing the annual statement. Experience with building and streamlining the reporting process is a plus.
- Prepare quarterly & annual statutory financial statements, and combined statement
- Familiar with all Annual Statement schedules
- Assist in preparing statutory MD&A, Audited Financial Statements, and footnotes
- Prepare various analysis in support of financial statement preparation
- Prepare the US GAAP to US STAT reconciliation
- Knowledge of Premium Tax reporting
- Prepare reconciliations of Underwriting system to Accounting records
- Prepare and maintain various financial statement reconciliations
- Perform various treasury department functions
- Maintain general ledger and process various journal entries
- Reconcile Investment reports to General Ledger and Schedule D
- Prepare analysis of various reinsurance calculations
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- A college degree in accounting or finance, and preference given to CPAs (or CPA candidates)
- Three or more years of US P&C Insurance Statutory reporting experience required (Yellowbook),
- An energetic, whatever-it-takes attitude
- Experience with annual statement software Eagle-Wings a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective problem-solver
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to multitask, and detail-oriented