The Technical Assistant supports multiple business units and products underneath the Ascot Group umbrella of companies, gaining expertise in insurance underwriting systems, processes, and multiple insurance products. This dynamic entry-level role consists of setting up submission packages in our policy administration system for underwriting review, compiling final policies to send to brokers for distribution to insureds, and providing support to underwriters and brokers throughout the policy lifecycle. The candidate will receive an in-depth understanding of the insurance industry by communicating with multiple parties in the distribution chain: retail and wholesale brokers, MGAs, and domestic and international insurance companies. The ideal candidate should be a creative problem-solver with a skill for navigating systems and an eye for detail. The role is within the Ascot US Services Company, supports both Ethos Specialty Insurance Services, LLC and Ascot Insurance Company, and is based in our Melville, NY office.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Accurately enter business information of submissions for underwriter review for multiple lines of businesses and multiple products.
- Gather information from third-party data partners.
- Prepare and coordinate all transactions and internal processing for multiple products, including but not limited to: binders, invoices, policies, endorsements, cancellations, renewals, non-renewals, and reinstatements.
- Communicate effectively with underwriters and brokers to secure the information necessary to process the business accurately.
- QA policies to ensure accuracy.
- Record claims activity and filter to the appropriate parties.
- Internal and external monthly reporting.
- Support finance, system integration, data, and actuarial teams in ad-hoc tasks.
- Communicate daily with outsource team on quality of work and exceptions.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused eye for detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Understanding of SQL is a plus, but not required.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a related field, but we welcome those with more experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Highly competitive medical/dental/vision coverage
- Flexible hours
- Continuing education opportunities
- Casual dress code!
- A close-knit team of like-minded individuals who all have each other’s backs